Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the spine that affects the discs and facet joints and reduces normal range of motion. Also called spinal osteoarthritis, the painful condition typically affects the neck and lower back in people as they age, interfering with daily function and activities. This condition is usually the result of age-related wear and tear.
Signs & Symptoms
Spondylosis develops gradually, often causing no symptoms until the condition has progressed to the point where the discs and vertebrae of the spine become compressed. The most common symptoms are:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck and lower back
- Numbness and tingling caused by pinched nerves in the spinal cord
- Balance issues in more severe cases
Physical Therapy for Neck Pain
Vita’s team of highly trained and qualified therapists will create a customized therapy program to help alleviate your pain, improve function and mobility, and get you back to enjoying daily activities without pain.
Therapeutic interventions can include:
- Strengthening exercises for muscles around the lower back and neck
- Dry needling for pain management
- Assisted strengthening of the spine to help provide relief from pinched nerves in the affected areas
- Gait training exercises in address balance issues
Physical therapy is typically the treatment of choice for spondylosis, helping strengthen and stretch the muscles, ligaments, joints, and tissues in the back and spine to provide pain relief and restoration of function. Our goal is to get you back to your daily activities pain-free.