Hands-On Techniques to Enhance Healing and Restore Function
Manual therapy at Vita Fitness & Physical Therapy involves a range of hands-on techniques performed by our skilled therapists. These techniques aim to promote healing, improve mobility, reduce pain, and restore optimal function. With a personalized approach, our therapists utilize various manual therapy techniques to address specific needs and conditions, helping you achieve your rehabilitation goals.
Treatment and Uses
Our team utilizes a variety of effective manual therapy techniques, including:
- Dry Needling: This technique involves the insertion of fine, thin needles into specific trigger points to alleviate pain, release tension, and improve muscle function. It can be particularly beneficial for musculoskeletal conditions, muscle tightness, and certain types of pain.
- Assisted Stretching: Our therapists utilize assisted stretching techniques to improve flexibility, enhance range of motion, and release muscle tension. Assisted stretching helps optimize muscle function and can be beneficial for various musculoskeletal conditions.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization: Our therapists use specific hands-on techniques to manipulate soft tissues, such as muscles, tendons, and fascia. Soft tissue mobilization aims to reduce pain, improve flexibility, increase blood circulation, and enhance tissue healing.
- Joint Mobilization: With joint mobilization, our therapists apply gentle, controlled movements to specific joints in order to restore normal joint mechanics, reduce pain, and improve joint mobility.
- Spinal Mobilization: This technique focuses on the manipulation of the spine to alleviate pain, improve spinal alignment, and enhance overall spinal function. It can be effective for conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and spinal dysfunctions.
- Manual Traction: Manual traction involves the application of controlled force to stretch and decompress the spine or specific joints. It helps alleviate pressure on nerves, reduce pain, and improve mobility.
- Myofascial Release: This technique targets the fascia, a connective tissue that surrounds and supports muscles. Myofascial release aims to release tension and restrictions in the fascia, improving mobility, reducing pain, and enhancing overall movement.
- Muscle Energy Techniques: These techniques involve the active engagement of the patient’s muscles against a specific counterforce to restore normal joint function, improve range of motion, and alleviate pain.
- Manual Resistive Exercise: Our therapists may use manual resistance during exercise to target specific muscles or muscle groups, improving strength, stability, and neuromuscular control.
- Patellar Mobs: Patellar mobilizations focus on the kneecap (patella) to improve its alignment, tracking, and function. These techniques are often used to address patellofemoral pain syndrome and other knee-related conditions.
- Graston or ASTYM Techniques: These specialized manual therapy techniques involve the use of handheld instruments to detect and treat soft tissue restrictions and scar tissue. They can be beneficial for conditions such as tendinopathies and soft tissue injuries.
- Strain-Counterstrain: This technique involves gentle positioning and passive stretching to relieve muscle spasms and reduce pain. It aims to reset the neuromuscular system and restore proper muscle function.
- Cupping: This technique involves the use of suction cups placed on the skin to create negative pressure. It can help improve blood flow, release muscle tension, and promote healing.
Why Choose Vita for Manual Therapy
Our skilled therapists will assess your condition and tailor a personalized manual therapy treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals. By combining these manual therapy techniques with other evidence-based interventions, we strive to optimize your healing, alleviate pain, and restore optimal function.
Experience the benefits of Vita Fitness & Physical Therapy, where our expert therapists utilize hands-on techniques to help you regain mobility, reduce pain, and achieve your rehabilitation goals.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and start your journey to improved health and well-being.
Yes, that's true
Most insurance companies now permit you to get evaluated and treated by a licensed physical therapist without needing a referral or prescription from your doctor.
Check your health insurance plan for more details, or Contact us directly if you have any concerns about your physical health so that we help you get back to feeling your best!
THERAPY FOCUSED ON AND FOR YOU!
Our ultimate goal is to help you not only feel better physically but also to ensure that you feel comfortable and actively involved in your therapy treatment. Our team of experienced clinicians will work closely with you to understand the root causes of your injury or condition and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you recover and maintain optimal health.
We recognize that each patient is unique and requires a tailored approach to their therapy.
Our team will work closely with you to set realistic goals and milestones and continually monitor your progress to ensure that you are on the right track to recovery. We will also provide you with exercises and education to empower you to take control of your recovery and maintain your health for the long term.
At Vita Fitness & Physical Therapy, we focus on improving the quality of life for our patients through quality care, education, and support. We are here to assist you at every step and make your recovery as smooth and comfortable as possible.