Headaches and Migraines
Headaches are a commonly occurring issue faced by individuals every day. Usually, a dose of over-the-counter pain medication will alleviate a headache quickly so you can go about your day.
However, a migraine headache differs from an ordinary stress or tension headache. Migraines cause a recurrent, throbbing pain on one side of the head or near the temples.
Signs & Symptoms
Migraines may happen only once or twice a year or as often as daily. Women are more likely to have migraines than men. Common sign and symptoms include:
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one side of your head or both sides
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Changes in how you see, blurred vision, or blind spots
- Being bothered by light, noise, or odors
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
Physical Therapy for Headaches & Migraines
The physical therapists at Vita will work with you to design a specific treatment program to address your headache and/or migraine pain. Typically, the program will include the following:
- Pain reduction methods such as ice packs
- Dry needling
- Manual therapy
- Postural retraining and breathing exercises to reduce upper body tension
- Guidance in setting up your workspace
- Dietary counseling
Talk to one of the physical therapy specialists at Vita today about treatment options for neck pain.